North Shore Living
Tough decisions? Welcome to Vancouver's North Shore, one of the best places to live in Canada! Once you've lived here, you won't want to live anywhere else! North Vancouver is comprised of the City and the District of North Vancouver, offering one of the mildest climates in Canada.
Enjoy a Night OutYou can dine on the waterfront and watch the SeaBus come and go as you enjoy the city lights. If fish and chips are your game, get them to take away to dine at the park while you watch the ferries come and go. Lonsdale Avenue has lots of restaurants that specialize in cuisine from all points on the globe. For the coffee-crazed, there are plenty of places to enjoy a java.
Ski or SnowboardLove to ski or snowboard? There are three ski hills that are a short drive away from your home and world-class skiing awaits you in Whistler, a 90-minute drive away.
Walk or HikeLike to walk or hike? You can:
- Walk or jog the Sea Wall from Ambleside Park to the pier at the foot of 25th Street in West Vancouver
- Hike the Baden-Powell Trail from Deep Cove to Horsehsoe Bay
- Walk, cycle or rollerblade in the Seymour Demonstration Forest
- Cross the suspension bridge in Lynn Canyon Park and stroll under the canopy of the rain forest
- Climb the face of "The Chief" (not for the faint of heart)
- Do the Grouse Grind (make sure you're in shape)
- Stroll around Waterfront Park and Lonsdale Quay
There are many parks and recreation centres throughout the North Shore, many of which have pools and some have ice rinks. Visit the North Vancouver Recreation website for the latest programs, information and schedules.
Other Things to DoHere are some family things to do! They are not on the North Shore, but only a 20 to 90-minute drive from North Vancouver and can be a fun time for all.
Heritage Railway Museum
Mobile: Dawn 604-760-6940 Jim 604-657-1169 Phone: Office 604-988-8000 Fax: 604-985-3612 Toll Free: Calling from out of town? 1-800-665-1455 Email: email@example.com